+ Banana soldiers
Take one banana and dip it into a jar of your favourite nut or seed butter. Voila!
A pre-peeled frozen banana is especially nice on a hot day.
+ 3-Ingredient Cacao Nut Bliss Balls
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder or sugar free (stevia) chocolate mix
- 1/2 cup almond or crunchy peanut butter (any nut or seed butter works)
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup of either oat bran or shredded coconut (half-half is also great)
- Pinch of salt
Mix dry ingredients and salt together before slowly mixing in the nut butter, adding water to combine if required.
Roll into balls and freeze in a zip lock bag until eaten!
+ Date & Brazil Nut Chews
These are easy-peasy and can be made and left in the freezer for up to 3 months. Brazil nuts are naturally high in selenium and Vitamin E which is great for hair, skin and nails. Substitute with any nut you like!
- 12 fresh Medjool dates
- 12 Large Brazil nuts
De-seed the Medjool dates and replace with 1 Brazil nut for each date
Place in a zip-lock bag and freeze for at least an hour before eating, or until the date is nice and chewy, and the Brazil nut extra crunchy!
+ Raw Cacao & Avocado Mousse
Ingredients (serves 1-2)
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 2 tsp stevia (or another natural sweetener)
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- Optional extras: toasted sliced almonds, chia seeds, frozen mixed berries, almond butter, cocoa nibs, coconut oil
Purée the avocado until smooth
Mix together the cocoa powder and milk until combined and add to the avocado
Stir in the stevia, vanilla extract, and any extra ingredients and mix well
Transfer the mousse to individual bowls and store in the fridge until ready to eat. Crunchy toppings like toasted nut or seeds add a lovely crunchy addition!
+ Lemon Tofu “Cheesecake”
Tofu might be the last thing you want to hear at dessert time but trust us, this low fat, high protein alternative is a real crowd pleaser. Try substituting the biscuit base for an almond crumb for extra protein!
+ Frozen Yoghurt Berry Pops
These are a favourite amongst kids and adults alike. Try mango mixed with passionfruit for a delicious summer version, or figs and apricots in autumn!
- 2 cups natural or Greek yoghurt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen berries
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Popsicle moulds or small plastic cups plus popsicle sticks
Combine yoghurt and honey until smooth
Mix frozen berries into yoghurt mix and poor into popsicle moulds
Freeze for at least 3 hours or until set. Enjoy!
+ Black Bean Brownies
These are delicious, chewy and surprisingly gluten-free! Black beans as are a great source of fibre and make the brownies so deliciously dark and rich! I promise no-one will know iof you don’t tell them. Prefect for morning teas, dessert or the school bake sale!