By Renae Smith
Perfect as a canapÃ© or snack.
4 cups of vegetable stock (plus a few extra tablespoons)
1 cup of instant polenta
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon of butter
Flaked almonds (roasted)
1. Bring 4 cups of vegetable stock to the boil.
2. In a constant stream, pour in polenta whilst continually stirring.
3. Cook for 4 - 5 minutes until thick.
4. Pour into a biscuit tray and allow to cool and set hard (can be set in the fridge).
5. Cut polenta into slices about 2cm wide and 5cm long.
6. In a pan, heat about 5cm of oil to medium high heat.
7. Place polenta into pan and fry until golden - then turn and fry the other side.
DO NOT continually flip polenta or move around as it will break up - when left, the bottom will crisp and not stick to pan.
Whilst the polenta is setting:
8. Melt butter in pan.
9. Grate carrots and add to a pan with ginger and finely diced shallot.
10. Salute until carrots are tender.
11. Add a few tablespoons of vegetable stock and cook for 2 minutes before pureeing the mix into a smooth paste. (Add more stock or butter as required).
12. Pipe or spoon the carrot mixture onto the polenta.
13. Top with almonds and parsley.