Prep 10 min, Cook 55 min, Serves 4
400g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 large courgette, chopped
1 red onion, cut into wedges
1tbsp olive oil
200g asparagus or green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds
6 medium eggs
175ml skimmed milk
30g parmesan shavings*
1tbsp balsamic glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 and line a large roasting tray with baking paper. Put the sweet potatoes, pepper, courgette and onion into the tray, then drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat. Roast for 25 min.
2. Add the asparagus or beans to the tray and roast for a further 5 min. Remove the tray from the oven, then reduce the heat to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
3. Transfer the roasted veg to a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a jug, then pour over the veg. Bake for 20“25 min until the frittata is set and the top is lightly golden.
4. Scatter over a few of the rocket leaves and parmesan shavings, then cut the frittata into 4 and serve drizzled with the balsamic glaze, with the remaining rocket and parmesan on the side.
354kcal, 20.5g protein, 16.3g fat, 5g saturates, 33.1g carbs, 16g sugar, 6.9g fibre, 0.6g salt, 269mg calcium, 3.8mg iron
Low cal, Low sats, low sugar, low salt, high calcium, gluten free, 3 of 5-a-day
This recipe is a great way to pack plenty of veg into one meal. The combination of high-fibre veg and protein-rich eggs is ideal for keeping us fuller for longer, without the need for gluten-containing carbs such as pasta or bread.
* Parmesan/Parmigiano-Reggiano is made with animal rennet (derived from the stomach of slaughtered calves). We suggest using a 'parmesan style' hard cheese or look for a suitable variation such as a dairy free or soy parmesan.